The Vienna Tourist Board is giving away a two-night stay for two people at the legendary Hotel Imperial in Vienna, to celebrate the city’s vibrant neighbourhoods in 2024.
In 2024, Vienna will celebrate its local neighbourhoods, or Grätzel as the locals call them. Each Grätzel has its own attractions, its particular crowd, its unique character and charm. What makes a Grätzel unique is a sense of togetherness, and this is not reserved just for residents. In Vienna’s Grätzel your clients become temporary neighbours, and not just visitors. Here they will feel like a true Viennese and discover the authentic Vienna.
This year a spotlight will shine on eleven unique Grätzel that could not be more different from each other. Here are some of the highlights from the Grätzel being celebrated in 2024:
Karmeliterviertel (2nd district) – cool and kosher: This neighbourhood is still home to a lively Jewish community to this day. There are outstanding culinary offerings at the Karmelitermarkt in the heart of the Grätzel. The Museum of Crime awaits devoted crime fans, while the baroque Augarten caters to those looking for relaxation.
Gußhausviertel & Karlsplatz (4th district) – Gründerzeit (known as “founders period”) and Viennese history: The spectacular new Wien Museum (opening on 6 December 2023) and the baroque Karlskirche (Church of St. Charles) mark the entrance to this neighbourhood.
Freihausviertel (4th district) – a creative cosmos: Just a stone’s throw from the Naschmarkt, this Grätzel with its laid-back shops and eateries is a hotspot for Vienna’s creative scene. Modern galleries on Schleifmühlgasse and trendy shops create a lively combination.
Learn more about Vienna’s neighborhoods
One lucky travel agent and their guest will win a stay for two nights at the Hotel Imperial, which opened its doors as the city’s first luxury hotel. Since then monarchs, members of royal families and top celebrities have walked through its legendary doors.
The prize package includes two Vienna City Cards valid for 48 hours and a guided tour through one of Vienna’s neighbourhoods.
How to enter
To be entered into the prize draw for the chance to win the two-night stay at Hotel Imperial, agents need to answer the following questions via the link below:
- What is the Viennese term for local neighbourhoods?
- Name one of the Viennese neighbourhoods being celebrated in 2024?
ENTER THE COMPETITION NOW
The competition closes at midnight on 15 December 2023
Terms and conditions
- By entering this competition you agree to the TTG competition terms and conditions.
- Entrants must live and work in the UK, for a UK-based travel agent or tour operator.
- The prize is valid for one year until 23 December 2024.
- Dates are subject to availability.
- Christmas and New Year’s Eve are excluded.
- The winner will coordinate the dates together with the Vienna Tourist Board.
- The prize is not redeemable in cash.
- The prize excludes: (a) any form of travel or medical insurance, (b) any accommodation extras (e.g., telephone, mini-bar, room service, meals apart from breakfast), (c) any personal expenses and spending money, (d) transfers or flights.
Read full article here